10 reasons why you should make 2017 the year for travel.
People are forever telling me how brave I am for travelling alone. When I ask why they can’t do the same, they tell me they’re afraid. Yes, there are bad people in the world and dangerous places but there are SO many more places that are safe and full of kind people. There really is no need to be afraid- and that’s coming from someone who used to have debilitating social anxiety and was afraid of everything. If you’re unsure about solo travel, here are ten reasons why you should go for it in 2017:
1. You’ll find that overall, humans are pretty great.
Not everyone wants to murder you.
2. You can tick some pretty cool things off of your bucket list.
And make everyone back home super jealous in the process.
3. You’ll realise there’s more to life than the 9-5.
Travelling the world > climbing the corporate ladder.
4. You’ll meet like-minded people.
Did someone say friends for life?
5. You’ll be inspired.
And learn to appreciate your blessings.
6. You will see a bunch of beautiful sunsets.
7. And eat loads of delicious new foods.
8. You get to reinvent yourself daily.
With absolutely no judgement.
9. You’ll gain confidence.
10. And you’ll come home with a lifetime of memories.
So… What are you waiting for?